Oppo Find 5 Tips and Tricks
Problem: Adb doesn’t recognize the phone, even if it is in development mode
Oppo Find 5 has a USB device ID that is not in the list of devices recognized by Android SDK by default. To make adb detect the device you need to create an add-on that declares the correct ID:
In the directory create
Then update the devices ids of adb:
$ANDROID_SDK/tools/android update adb
And finally restart adb:
adb kill-server adb start-server
adb devices says no permissions
It is necessary to give to all users of the computer (or at least the user of the developer) access to the device. To do so it is necessary to install a new rule for udev in
The first line is to address the next problem.
fastboot devices says no permissions
It is necessary to give to all users of the computer (or at least the user of the developer) access to the device. The device uses two different vendor IDs when in fastboot mode and when in adb mode. To add permission to access the device in fastboot mode it is necessary to install a new rule for udev in
The second line is to address the previous problem.
Problem: How do I install Clockwork Recovery?
- Reboot the phone in fastboot mode by pressing the VOLUME UP button when powering on the device
- The device shows “fastboot…”
- Download Clockwork Recovery from their website
- Install the recovery by doing :
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-find5.img
- Reboot the device to normal using
Problem: How do I install CyanogenMod?
First make sure you have Clockwork Recovery, stock recovery cannot install CyanogenMod updates. Then,
- Upload the ROM to your sd card (for instance with
adb push rom.zip /sdcard/update.zip)
- Reboot device in recovery mode (for instance with
adb reboot recover, make sure adb is enabled on the phone)
- Select “Install zip from SDcard” and follow instructions then go back to main menu
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and follow instructions
- Select “Wipe cache partition” and follow instructions
- Reboot system using “Reboot system now”